Some tell me that I need to come back to REALITY, but I thought I'd share some pics with you all and show you some of the damage that was done to Nevis by Hurricane Omar. As many of you know, I head out to one of my ALL time favorite vacation spots in the world every year around Christmas time with the Riese's, but plans have changed :( The island and Four Season Resort that we stay at has been shut down till after the first of the year due to the damage. Bummer! Check out these before and after photos:(for what ever reason, my links wouldn't connect, so please copy and paste the addresses, so that you will be able to see the pics)
Before Hurricane Omar:
http://www.fourseasons.com/nevis/photo_gallery/
After Hurricane Omar:
http://picasaweb.google.ca/robin.cotterell/HurricaneOmarOcto2008#
So I was talking to my sister the day that I found out about this, and I was totally sad when I heard the news. So I called her to talk about it, and she was like "I'm sorry but I don't have any sympathy for you right now. Are you listening to what you're saying? Oh, I'm sorry, she said, you poor thing!" I interrupted her to say what are you talking about? This is horrible... and then she cut back in to say, "I'm sorry Jessica you have to come back to reality for a minute." I was like "what?" I just can't sympathize with you right now, she said "you know... it's just so sad that you have to VENTURE OFF to a NEW ISLAND... you poor thing!" All of the sudden I realized, she saying I'm talking like I'm this spoiled brat, and how I'm complaining that my favorite vacation spot has been destroyed. But in all reality I was just trying to tell her how sad I was for the people there as I've been able to get to know some of them over the years. Not to mention all of the memories that have been made there.When I saw the pics I was devastated! This is actually the 2nd or 3rd time in 10yrs that resort has been hit. Anyway, Ash and I had to laugh about this whole conversation a day later because she was having a rough day when I called her with the news (it was actually the day that Casey left for a month for his rotation- boo!). We had a really good laugh about it.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment